Bitcoin was the Best Investment of the Decade, Says Bank of America Securities Report
As the 2010s come to a close, Bitcoin has been touted as the ‘Star Investment’ of the decade eclipsing stocks, bonds, commodities and fiat currencies like dollars worldwide.
According to CNN Business:
‘If you invested $1 in bitcoin at the start of the decade, it would now be worth more than $90, 000. A bitcoin is currently valued at about $7, 000. While that’s still significantly below its peak price of just under $20, 000 two years ago, it’s substantially higher than the fractions of a penny that one bitcoin cost at the beginning of the Twenty-Teens.”
Here is a comparison with other investment opportunities of the decade:
- $1 in American stocks up by nearly 250% to $3.46
- A 30-year US Treasury worth $1 in 2010 now value at about $2.08
- $1 of gold in 2010 is now worth $1.34
- $1 of crude oil is now worth 74 cents
- S&P 500 is up nearly 140% since the start of the decade
- Dow Jones Industrial is up more than 130% over the last 10 years
- The Burmese kyat (K) is the worst currency from $1 in 2010 to $0.004 today
- $1 of bitcoin is now worth $90, 000 by investment standards
According to analysts, the 2010s have been one of the best growth decades. However, historically, this has always been followed by a decade or two of poor performance. As a result, experts says this decade’s performance won’t be repeated over the 2020s.
Financial analysts are therefore advising investors to shift to bonds and diversified investing in digital data, enabling technologies, ECommerce, fintech, healthtech, and security & safety in light of the expected slow and likely negative growth of 2020s.
By 2019, Bitcoin use turns 10 and as it matures into teenage-hood in 2020s, we can only expect it to offer a great investment opportunity and open up more opportunities in the crypto space.